Wednesday, May 12, 2010

The Meat Book:



I am coming awkwardly to this screen. It has been so long. But I'm going to dive right the hell in.
First of all, I am currently reading the book above. It is a memoir by Patti Smith. Interestingly, I was not a huge fan of her music, but I was drawn in by how well written this book is. It reads like poetry, and may be the final creative kick in the ass I needed to finally return as the prodical blogger. Even more interesting, (I think)I call it "the meat book" becasue it was in my purse on my way to work one day and I spilled pot roast all over it. So now it smells like meat. Oh well....or totally awesome (you decide).
Second of all, I am seeing someone. I am seeing a girl. Her name is Amy. I know the wind was knocked out of many of you as you read that sentence (as it was me when this whole thing unfoiled). I have told many of those closest to me and finally now, I just want to put it out there. I love and respect you all very much. The main reason I have been gone so long now is that I am not a good liar. It was easier to say nothing than cheapen the bond I have with you all by talking about everything BUT that. It has taken me quite some time to garner the courage to do this. I hope my news is well recieved enough that I don't lose any of those I love (that would be you). Please feel free to let me know your thoughts and ask your questions. I am going to post a picture of Amy in the next post, to give a face to the name.

10 comments:

J Piacentini said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
J Piacentini said...

i love you rosie.
now that "that" is said, start blogging again.
heheh

nay nay said...

i love you sweet rosie. always have always will. i have missed you in life. hope you are well.

amber said...

i love you bestie. and i agree with joey-the blogging world needs you. we need a warrior to combat facebook. you can be a double agent.

Lindsey said...

love love love you. and i concur. please start blogging again!

d. vanheule said...

hahaha you carried pot roast in your purse!! does anybody else not realize how much of a genius this girl is!!! man, i love it rose. hahaha

The Talbot Family said...

Rose,
I don't think I know anyone else who can be so vulnerable and strong at the same time. You've always been an inspiration. We really love you and miss you a heap.

And book that smells like pot roast is awesome!

NathanSidener said...

Really glad to see the blog resurrected

Peter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Gypsy Kate said...

Rosie! I am so glad you are back to blogging. I love love love you!